background

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Payin' it Forward - Crafty Mama Style

When I wrote "Crafty Mama Style" I immediately had "Gangnam Style" running through my head. With a minor lyrical modification,you know, Opah Crafty Style!! :~)

Now that that little bit of weirdness has been aired, I can tell you a bit about the 2013 edition of "Crafty Mamas Payin' it Forward" - I'm fairly convinced that's the official name. The idea is simple, sweet, and oh so fun. Basically, you choose five people to who{m?} you wish to bestow the fruits of your crafty supremeness, culinary goddessness, or ultimate bakerness, whatever. Then you hope and pray that THOSE five people will do the same, therefore extending the crafty giving a bit and so on and so forth and the chain continues. See? Simple. Sweet. Oh so fun.

My first act of crafty kindness inspiration came in the form of a big ol' box of embroidery floss sent to me in a care package by a dear friend. I haven't picked up an embroidery hoop since I was about eight years old and the last time I touched embroidery floss I'm sure I was fashioning glorious friendship bracelets, HOWEVER, I did find the act of embroidery fairly rewarding. I made a tea towel - well no, scratch that. I embroidered something and sewed it onto a tea towel, made by Target. I think it turned out pretty cute and the things I don't like about it are greatly overshadowed by picturing a certain Canadian friend picturing me attempting to complete the darn thing, all the while cursing it and wishing I had a big ol' hat to shove it's direction. ;~) {I know nobody gets that}

Here it is. Crafty Pay it Forward project #1.

In case you can't read it, especially because I messed up the first word, it says: "There is too much cheese on this. Said no one. Ever."
And, because I am pretty proud of this packaging technique I discovered on Pinterest, here it is ready for the post.
Now, let's just hope it makes it to Canada without ripping open!
Now, go on, choose your people, send some love!!! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...