background

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Redecorating, Repurposing and the Cutest Little Feet EVER!!

Sigh...I know, it's been a long time. I'm starting to see that I am not really cut out for the "every day blogger" lifestyle. The days just keep flying by and before I know it, it's been TWO WEEKS since my last post! We've been pretty busy here: painting the bedroom, getting carpet, repurposing old decor into new decor, getting one-year-old photos done, crafting a bit AND the wheels are still turning for all of my NEXT projects (much to the chagrin of my husband). I haven't forgotten you, I HOPE you haven't forgotten me. Here are a couple of pictures of some of what has been keeping me busy. ENJOY!

First, I apologize for the poor picture quality - it really doesn't do the finished product justice. I think I forgot to use the flash and what's that they say about love growing best in small homes? Well, the room is TINY, so I was butted up against the dresser as far as I could go!! Because we were getting carpet, I figured I had better get some painting done so there would be NO WAY I could ruin our new investment! As you can see, the entire room was a camel color before, which made the book page collage blend in to the wall (not to mention it was super blah). I wanted an accent wall and something to make the collage POP. I thought about a nice orange marmalade color, but decided on the marine blue and then just to do orange accents in the room (I will find a place for our wedding silhouette very soon). Notice the lampshades in the "before" picture? I have always hated those boring things so I decided to jazz them up a bit. For the one on the left, I did a ruffled burlap technique (girlie for "my side") and on the right, I simply wrapped the shade in jute, YAY for hot glue!!
 
And here is a little crafty goodness I did JUST.FOR.ME. My sweet boys' footprints, shrunk down to a teeny tiny tootsie size and saved in epoxy for posterity. Close to my heart, even when I am not near them. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...