background

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Girl Needs Shade on a Day Like This!

Just FYI, it's been 100 degrees with about 400% humidity for right around two weeks. In case you are wondering NO this is not "normal" for our part of the country (the Midwest - in case one of "my four" doesn't know). The heat, along with being trapped inside with ornery CURIOUS one year old boys got me thinking about the outdoors and how much I am currently longing to bask in sunlight without suffering a 3rd degree burn. Which, in turn, got me thinking about one of my favorite activities EVER, a nice sunny stroll through the trees. It's when I am walking with nature that I feel the most at peace, at peace with myself, at peace with the world around me and at peace with my spirituality. There is just something about hearing the trees whisper to each other while feeling the sun kiss my shoulders that let's me KNOW that there is something more, something bigger, something to explain all of this. Those thoughts of peace, stillness and the feeling of cool grass between my toes inspired the following print. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...