background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Burlap Flower Wreath and Family Bunting

I bet you thought I wasn't going to post today didn't you? Given my history, I can see why you would think this, but don't you feel just a teeny-tiny bit bad for doubting me? ;~) So, this week's project came about due to an excess of burlap laying around the house and my need to make a boring shelf a bit "prettier". I decided to use the burlap to make a hanging flower. I'm not going to post the tutorial, because it's been done a billion times and you can find it anywhere. I loosely used this no sew tutorial from Jones Design Company (LOVE!!!) but, I made the following changes: 1) I just cut out circles, no fancy flower shape, 2)I didn't put a pin on the back, and 3) I added the vintage button (really it was a clip-on earring I think) to the front. After hanging the flower, I felt that it looked a bit lonely just hanging there so I bought an embroidery hoop and wrapped it with twine and a bit of ribbon to make a skinny wreath. I then attached the flower (again with hot glue). Super easy.

The family bunting hanging below the shelf is kind of funny. I hung it up and decided I didn't really like the yellow color (because there was already yellow on the shelf). I didn't even notice that the Y was backwards until staring at it for a while and just feeling something else was "off". Nice. Anyway, I changed the colors and corrected my little mistake with the Y, and TADA!!!! If you so choose, you can get a free copy of the family bunting - here.

I still want to change a couple of things (read: the black podium thing and the copious amounts of dust on the mirror), but it's a start.  (PS - I know you are worried, but the home print is just taking a short break because I needed the frame.) ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...