background

Monday, January 30, 2012

On the Menu - {pinsperation}

I am quite certain that the majority of "My Seven" have heard of Pinterest, however, just in case you haven't I suggest you hop right on over and add "drooling over all of the creative and wonderful things other people have done or are planning to do" to your list of addictions. One of my favorite things about Pinterest is it inspires me to plan new and exciting meals for the family. As soon as I begin to peruse the food and drink boards I can't help but salivate over all of the deliciousness. Here are some of the pins who have won a spot on my weekly "Yummy Plan". Enjoy.

Pork, Kale, and White Bean Soup. I GREATLY overestimated the amount of Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin my family would eat last week. I cooked 2 tenderloins (totaling about 3lbs). Not only did we have them for dinner the night I made them, but again when I used left overs to make pork, caramelized onion, and provolone paninis and STILL we have an entire tenderloin left over!! So it's currently waiting in the freezer to be a part of this yummy winter soup.


Oven Baked Shrimp Scampi. We haven't had shrimp in a while and this sounds not only SUPER easy but SUPER yummy, so we'll give it a whirl. Served with a salad and some bread it should make a nice meal. :~) 


Creamy Southwest Chicken (for the crock-pot). I am going to really attempt to use my crock-pot at least once a week. Now that I have discovered the wonderfulness of crockpot liners, there is really no reason NOT to use it as much as possible. The recipe calls for serving this over rice, but I'm not a big fan of rice (unless wrapped in a nice sushi roll) so we are going to wrap it up in tortillas.


Catalina Taco Salad. This stuff is SO SO GOOD!!! I have Catalina dressing left over from the Catalina Chicken I made last week (not my favorite recipe), so that gave me an excuse to make this scrumptious salad. Yum! (Note: I use kidney beans instead of pinto and use no where NEAR the two onions called for in the recipe)


Now don't you want to head on over to pinterest and get some PINsperation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...