background

Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Muchies - Meal Planning

I'll admit it. On any given week, you might find me in the grocery store three out of seven days. Prior to having "the littles" this wasn't really a big deal, nor was it a bad thing or a frustrating thing. I actually ENJOYED  going to the grocery store,  wandering through the isles, and searching for inspiration. Prior to the littles, you would find me, almost daily, salivating over recipes on my lunch break and envisioning dinner for the coming evening. We rarely ate the same thing twice, sure I had my favorites (coconut chicken, chicken parm, beef and bean chili....blah blah), but I truly loved love culinary experimentation. Since the boys have come along, it seems I am experimenting less and less (even though they will eat most things). I attribute this lack of kitchen creativity to a couple of things:

1) It just isn't easy or pleasurable to run to the store with twin toddlers, especially when there seems to be a shortage of carts which will accommodate TWO little guys who desperately need to be strapped in. Although, I am quite certain people revel in the comedic relief of watching me struggle through the isles with one baby in the Ergo and one in the cart, while BOTH are trying to thieve things off of the shelves, it would be nice if the experience were a bit more relaxed. :~)

2) I am horrible at meal planning. I actually LOOKED FORWARD to the daily meal planning and running to the store prior to preparing dinner for the evening. Unfortunately, that kind of spontaneity no longer has a place in our lives. Boooo.

So, I am going to try, like REALLY try, to make a weekly meal plan. A plan which allows for creativity AND helps us keep our collective family sanity. In addition to making meal time less stressful, planning ahead may also help to make meal time more healthy, which is good....I guess....if you like that kind of thing. :~) So far I am only planning for dinners (we can wing breakfast, lunch and snacks, right?), but maybe in the future I will become even MORE organized. I would like to present to you, my loyal followers, with this weeks meal plan, or "The Yummy Plan" if you will. Enjoy. (link to the blank plan and all main dish recipes follows the image)


If you would like to join me in meal planning, you can download the blank version of the Wordy Bird Designs "Yummy Plan" here. Our family's plan has been laminated and is proudly displayed on the fridge, where I can write/ erase to my heart's content.

This week's recipes: Pasta Bolognese, Catalina Chicken, Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin (left overs will be used for sandwiches, thanks Megan), and Beef Stroganoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...